Musings on writing, lessons learned by an aspiring professional, book reviews, movie reviews, an occasional t.v. show review, and unashamed opinion.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm really not into this kinda thing

Dear World:

I hate blogs.  Crazy, eh?  Think I'm probably in the minority these days.  I don't do facebook, myspace, twitter, or any other desperate, friend-hoarding form of social mingling.  I think the whole social phenomenon is a bit creepy.  

I think it's all kinda sick.  A disease.  End of the world sort of stuff.  Might be I'm overreacting.  Might be I'm the only one left with any sense.  Then again, I just signed up for a blog, so...

Damn.

Can't beat 'em, suppose it's time to stop mashing my head against the keyboard and take the plunge.

Welcome.  Please don't laugh at me.

Why am I doing this?  One reason, and one reason only: I'm trying to break in to the speculative fiction market, and an onine persona is almost a requirement theses days.  That's why I'm here, writing this to my computer.  (I love you computer; we've been through some great times, right?)  Also, because it's so hard to break in, I'd like a place where I can share my experiences with other aspiring authors.  Who knows if they'll ever come here to read anything I write, but I gotta start somewhere. 

Before you read further, beware: I AM ALWAYS RIGHT.  Ask my wife.  She'll tell you.  Just ignore her pfft, ppsshh, and fffuuuhhhhff; they're the sounds she makes whenever admitting truth.  You'll get used to it.  I know I have.  As long as you remember that I AM ALWAYS RIGHT, things will be good. I won't get Hulkish, you won't come up with new sounds to make when confronted with my wisdom... it'll be fun.

I'm hoping to post weekly.  I might forget, I don't know.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm kinda busy writing a novel...

Things I will post about: movies I've seen, books I've read, episodes of t.v. I've watched.  Those are the things that I pay attention to as a aspiring author, so that's what I'll write about here.  Also, write about the process of trying to become a full-time author.  I've learned a lot over the past 4-5 years, and am happy to share for those looking to become writers too.  'Course, I'll post whatever the hell I feel like besides those things, but it ain't gonna be personal stuff about me, my wife, or our family.  That's none of your business.  I'd like to keep some things private.  If you're family, you already know too much!  (Besides, writing about what we ate for dinner, how our day went at work, and how happy cupcakes make us is just boring).

Next up: my review of The Maze Runner, by James Dashner.

That's all.              

No comments:

Post a Comment